Thursday, July 03, 2008

Tassie-Mania

If this blog's a bit quiet over the next few weeks it's because Duncan and I fly out to Tasmania on Sunday morning. It's kind of our 'official' honeymoon as we only got a few days after the wedding because we went to two more weddings a week after ours. Then Duncan had to go back to work so this is going to be an extended time away.

Our itinerary is as follows:

  • Arrive in Hobart Sunday afternoon and pick up our hire car.

  • Spend a few nights in Hobart then travel to Port Arthur.

  • Stay one night in Port Arthur then travel to the west coast.

  • Stay in Strahan a few nights then see a few of the surrounding places - Zeehan, Rosebery and Cradle Mountain. We're also going on a cruise on the Gordon River.

  • Travel to Devonport on the north coast and stay one night.

  • Travel to Launceston and stay there for a few nights. Fly home to Perth on Thursday 17th July.

All together we'll be gone about 11 nights. Then we head down to Albany on Friday 18th until Sunday 20th for my dad's belated 60th birthday party, then it's back to Perth and back to Buntine on the 22nd.


Phew!

I'm very excited about heading to the land of the two-headed people. Sorry Tassies - I can't talk actually as my mum's side of the family hail from there. My nan was born in Zeehan and worked in Rosebery (that's why we're visiting those two places) and my mum was born and spent part of her childhood on King Island.

We're taking the laptop and will hopefully be able to get wireless internet access so I can blog and put piccies up. We'll see. I'm hoping to be able to do one more post before we fly out.

WOOHOO!

Image is from www.tas.gov.au

5 comments:

bek said...

ooooo I've always wanted to go there! Apparently the chocolate factory is REALLY good.

My dad came back with a suitcase full of chocolate rejects (wrappers on back to front etc) and was so proud of his finds!!

It will be freezing, but that's good on a honeymoon :) more snuggling :)

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Mark Edwards said...

It is beautiful...encourage you to book a tour of Cadburys asap...its hard to get in, but worth it. and have some fresh scallops for me!

Sarah said...

Ewww scallops....sorry I'm not much of a seafood person.

I am very much a chocolate person so I'll told Dunc a visit to Cadbury's is not negotiable ;) Just wondering how I'm gonna fit it all in my suitcase!

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds just great! Have a wonderful time!!

Jillian said...

My Mum and Dad loved Tassie!
Dad especially loved the chocolate factory! He came home with 6kg of Chocolate!! I think about 4-5kg was 'seconds' alone.