Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Diary of an Incubator: Come Back Immune System!

The morning sickness may have passed, but now it seems like my immune system has gone walkabout.

Last month I had the Killer Flu.  That lasted about one and a half weeks.

While in Melbourne, I developed an irritating cough.  I'm not sure if it was viral or because of the cold wind, pollution or the fact that there were people smoking EVERYWHERE.  (Our pastor suggested I may be allergic to Victorians haha).

Then, in the early hours of yesterday morning, I got gastro.  I was vomiting every few hours until early yesterday afternoon.  Now I'm in the 'recovery stage' of trying to eat something again.  I really hope I'm better by tomorrow as I have my 20 week scan and obstetrician appointment which I really don't want to cancel.

Baby, I love you, but I want my immune system back.  I'm a bit scared of what I may catch next.  Chicken pox? (I've never had it).  Shingles?  Some other ghastly thing?

Maybe I'll just stay inside and be a recluse for the next four and a half months.

I'm very glad this baby is still in utero.  I don't think I could cope looking after anyone else at the moment.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh you poor thing Sarah. Sorry to hear that you're still not well. Take care, will pray that things start looking up soon for you.
All the best for the scan tomorrow :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for your prayers. Much appreciated. The scan went ahead and all is well with the baby.