Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Introducing...

Rory.

Our son was born at 4:45am on Saturday 19th January, weighing 7lb 14oz and was 54cm long.  I blogged here that I hoped he might be born on what would have been his Great Nan's 100th birthday....and he was!  I ended up having a c-section unfortunately.  I was induced the day before, but the labour didn't quite go to plan.  I'll blog Rory's birth story when I feel a bit more up to it.  We are still in hospital and don't know when we'll be going home yet.  I'm in no hurry.  It's nice here.  The midwives are great and very supportive (not a single dragon among them) which I'm thankful to God for.  Duncan is a very proud and helpful daddy.

Rory has two middle names which I won't put on here due to privacy.  One is a name we liked, but it didn't go well enough with our surname to be considered for a first name.  The other is after Duncan's late brother who passed away in 1999.

The past few days have been joyful, bewildering, stressful, tiring, and filled with lots of cuddles and love.  The little man is a bit cute.  I love him!

 
He had low blood sugar levels at first due to the stress of the labour

 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Deb said...

Congratulations and praise the Lord everyone is safe and well! He is very, very, very cute!

Wendy said...

Exceptionally cute! Well done and you're right to not be in a hurry, especially after a Caesar. Do your best to enjoy the special moments in the midst of the crazy learning curve.

Libby said...

Congratulations! What a gorgeous gift.
I hope your recovery goes well and feeding establishes well. Yay for lovely midwives.

Karen said...

Congratulations Sarah and Duncan! He is beautiful. Love the name too :)

Hope the C-section recovery is smooth for you, it's a bit uncomfortable to start with but I always found that getting up and about quickly helped get things back to normal a bit faster.

I also hope the feeding gets established quickly, but don't feel stressed if it takes a bit of time either. One thing I learned with my little crew of reluctant feeders (well, that's a bit harsh actually, only two of them weren't very keen) is that there are lots of ways to get breastmilk into babies!

Jenny said...

Yay Sarah! Congratulations. And he is super cute - so gorgeous and precious. Praise God and will be thinking of you as you navigate the mysteries of a baby with no instructions (why do they not come with a handbook? I think it would help!!). Hope you recover well too.

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouragement. It sure is hard work keeping a tiny person alive! We're still in hospital as Rory has treatment for jaundice, and hoping to go home tomorrow.