Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Funny

I thought these were appropriate with the WA State Election tomorrow:


POLITICS

A politician is a fellow who will lay down YOUR life for his country.
- Texas Guinan, 19th century American businessman

 I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.
- Charles de Gaulle, French general and politician

We hang petty thieves and appoint the bigger thieves to public office.
- Aesop, Greek slave and fable author

When I was a boy, I was told that anyone could become PM; I'm beginning to believe it.
- Quoted in 'Clarence Darrow for the Defense' by Irving Stone

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'bloodsucking parasites'.
- Unknown

No comments: