Thursday, April 20, 2017

I Won't Give Up

I sent my novel to a publisher in mid January and, knowing it would take up to three months to hear from them, I grew increasingly nervous and restless as mid April approached.  Then, two weeks ago, I got an email I did not want to receive:

Dear Sarah

Thank you for giving Fremantle Press the opportunity to consider your manuscript THE ROAD TO SEPTEMBER for publication. It has now been reviewed for our fiction list and regrettably I have to tell you that the decision was to not make an offer to publish.

There were tears shed.  Now I guess I have to keep trying.  I've come too far to give up.  I won't give up.
Like the many publishers who reportedly rejected J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter, maybe one day those who have rejected my work will be kicking themselves.  And all I will say is, "You had your chance."

No comments: