Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 6 Month Anniversary To Us!

Today Duncan and I have been together for six months. Well done us!

Yes, it began late at night over the phone on Friday 5th January 2007...seems like a long time ago now but I suppose it's not that long really.

It has been incredible time but not entirely smooth sailing. We've encountered opposition to our relationship, clocked up a few kilometres on our cars (Duncan especially), dealt with lots of hellos and goodbyes and, on individual levels, have faced stress and health issues (me) and drought (Duncan).

But we've also had the incredible privilege of seeing God at work in our lives and his love and faithfulness to us. While everything didn't go according to our plans, God knew exactly what adversity we needed to saw off our rough edges and make us more like his son, Jesus.

Through it all, we've learnt more about God and more about each other. We've learnt who our true friends really are - especially those who prayed so much for us (thanks in particular Scoobie). We are also so thankful for the many people who let us stay at their places when we've travelled to see each other and the 99% of people we know (including both sets of parents) who have gone out of their way to offer support and encouragement.

After what has been a joyful and difficult six months all mixed together, the song I Can See Clearly Now really sums up what I'm feeling at the moment.

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I’ve been prayin’ for
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.
(C) Johnny Nash

I think I can safely end this post by saying we're really enjoying being together at the moment. Some friends of ours are getting married on Saturday and I can't wait to hit the dance floor at the reception (and drag Duncan there with me) ;)






At our friend Alistair's 30th on the 9th April this year (don't we look cool in our sunnies hehe)

2 comments:

Duncan said...

It doesn't seem people are very happy for us Sarah?! Come on people, this has been an amazing 6 months for us! Be happy for us;)

bek said...

Congratulations!! Im very happy for you both, truly!!