Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Wedding 7

The final wedding I went to in 2007 was held on the 24th November (election day). My cousin Huw got married to Anna in the gardens of Caves House in Yallingup. It was also the only non Christian wedding I went to last year.

Anna is Swedish and the original plan was that the wedding was going to be in Sweden a year earlier. I was so excited as it was going to be my first overseas trip. But then their daughter Linnea arrived and plans were shelved for a while then changed a fair bit. They first met in London but have been back living in Perth for the last few years.

After the ceremony, we mingled in the gardens before heading into Caves House for the reception. The day was also stinking hot which was surprising for down south in November. During the reception we all joined in singing many well-known songs which apparently is a Swedish tradition for weddings.





































For more photos, check out my Photobucket album.

So that's it! Seven weddings in 2007! Will it be eight in 2008? Well, we've got six to go to by the end of April (including our own) so it's possible. Who knows who else will decide to get hitched this year?

I also aim to be a bit more regular with posting photos this year (one of my 'resolutions' I guess) :)

No comments: