Monday, December 07, 2009

Thank You by Dido

After the rotten couple of weeks I wrote about in my post, Why I Don't Believe in Karma, I can now add a couple more things to my list:
  • Car breakdowns - On my way to Perth last Friday, my car broke down in Moora and again in Perth. Fortunately, in Moora, it was at a service station and a guy who works there jump-started it for me. He reckoned my battery was dying and recommended that I didn't turn my engine off until I got to Perth. So I drove non-stop, with no radio since it wasn't working because of the battery (BORING) and stopped to pee at a public loo in the middle of nowhere and had to leave my engine running while I was in and out in record time! Then it broke down when I got to a friend's house and the RAC came and fitted a new battery. More money down the drain!
  • Dodgy mole removed - Those of you who have read this blog for a while may remember I mentioned that I had a suspicious-looking mole removed not long before our wedding. Well, it grew back over the scar and when I went back my annual scan two days ago, the doctor didn't like the look of it and cut it out again. It's better than getting skin cancer though!

But you know what? Even during all of these frustrating things, God has never once left me hanging. He has always provided someone who can help me out and, for that, I am very grateful. These lyrics remind me to be thankful for God and for the people who make me smile, even after the crappiest of days.

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all.
The morning rain clouds up my window,
and I can't see at all.
And even if I could it'd all be grey,
but your picture on my wall,
it reminds me that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad.

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay,
my head just feels in pain.
I missed the bus and there'll be hell today,
I'm late for work again.
And even if I'm there, they'll all imply
that I might not last the day.
And then you call me and it's not so bad,
it's not so bad and

I want to thank you
for giving me the best day of my life.
Oh just to be with you
is having the best day of my life.

Push the door, I'm home at last
and I'm soaking through and through.
Then you hand me a towel
and all I see is you.
And even if my house falls down,
I wouldn't have a clue.
Because you're near me and

I want to thank you
for giving me the best day of my life.
Oh just to be with you
is having the best day of my life.

No comments: