Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Heaven's Too Small For You And Me!

If you're a Christian, do you ever feel that you don't want to spend five minutes with some other Christians, let alone eternity?

To be brutally honest, I sure feel that way sometimes. It's easy to slip into a If I were God, I wouldn't have so-and-so in my kingdom mentality.

But God is God and I am not. If he wants someone in his kingdom, he certainly doesn't have to answer to me, and I'm sure not going to spend eternity with him because I deserve it. When other Christians annoy me and offend me, I keep having to remember that one day I'm going to be in God's kingdom with them.....forever.

So if I'm going to spend eternity with them, then I'd better start learning to live with them right now.....somehow.

Thankfully, when we're all in the new creation, they'll no longer be annoying, insensitive sinners......and neither will I.

No comments: