Monday, March 22, 2010

Flat 24

Here are a couple of photos from the bogan student housing flat I lived in during my first year of uni in 2001.  Unfortunately I never got any photos when it was at its worst (too upset to even THINK of getting my camera probably) but here are a couple.  As you can see, the flat itself was actually quite decent (it was only built in 1998), but it was the people who lived in it who made it into a squalor.


I just had to take this photo.  One of the guys actually doing dishes...a rare sight!  Note the Holly Valance poster above the sink and the stolen shopping trolley advert posters next to it.

The guys' bathroom.  It ended being so disgusting, they kept using the girls' which annoyed the heck out of me.  The photo doesn't actually do it justice....the floor and wall tiles are covered in mould and grime, and, yes, that is a drinking funnel on the floor.

No comments: