Thursday, May 27, 2010

5 Tips For Tipsters

Attention all AFL fans!  How are you going with your footy tips this year?

Tipping for money doesn't sit well with my conscience.  I used to do it at my old workplace, but I felt God convicting me that it wasn't a wise use of money.  Last year I joined Rodney from The Journey's online footy tipping competition, and I think I finished on top.  There is no money involved, but this year Rodney is going to offer a prize.  Too bad I'm not doing nearly so well this year!

Here are my five top tips for tipsters:

1.  Consider factors such as injuries, hoodoo grounds, losing streaks, head-to-head records and current odds.
2.  Don't automatically tip your favourite team (yes, I tip against my Eagles, and sometimes they prove me wrong...doh!)  Go with your head and not with your heart.
3.  When in doubt, tip the home team.
4.  When in doubt, go with your gut.
5.  Don't tip a roughy/smokey each week.  Upsets do happen, but more often than not, results are what was expected.

1 comment:

Mark Edwards said...

my tipping method has finally come good this year....
tip the dockers and whoever is playing the weagles....

but to be honest, this year, as I am on top of the ladder...and want to stay there, I actually tipped the weages last week...and they let me down! Never again!!!