Monday, May 24, 2010

Belle in Beauty and the Beast

While part of me enjoys the simple life, the other half yearns for an amazing adventure.  Perhaps that's why I can relate to Belle's song in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.  I'm not someone who could be born in one place, live there my whole life, and then die there.  It's not about wanting to travel; it's about wanting to...actually I don't really know.  It's a kind of restlessness that makes me want to move on to the next thing, but knowing I need to remember that everything happens at the right time, and I need to enjoy this moment right now.  Maybe God hasn't given me my big adventure yet because he knows I might not be able to handle the stress?  Oh well...one day perhaps...

Little town.
It's a quiet village.
Ev'ry day,
Like the one before.
Little town,
Full of little people

There goes the baker with his tray, like always,
The same old bread and rolls to sell.
Ev'ry morning just the same,
Since the morning that we came,
To this poor provincial town.

I want much more than this provincial life.
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.
I want it more than I can tell.
And for once it might be grand,

To have someone understand,
I want so much more than they've got planned.

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

Maybe you can have both, though! :-)
See, I live in what is called a major city... and the bakery knows my "Husband´s" name :-)

And if you somehow can afford it... travel your place!

Mostly you can just stay at the roadside, and there are many free showers throughout, even inlands, for the truckers, actually.
Your people are caring, they see you don´t stumble into a flooding or something. If you can go with little... take a chance :-)
And let us know via this blog!