Monday, August 23, 2010

5 Reasons For Gratitude

It's so easy to slip into despair and grumbling so I want to start the week on a positive note with five things that have happened over the past week to give thanks for.

1.  Nan has been transferred to Albany Hospital after nearly four weeks in Fremantle Hospital.  She still has a long road ahead with extensive physio needed on the leg which was operated on in order for her to get back on her feet.
2.  Cold and flu tablets.  I've had the flu since Friday night, and I'm thankful for medicine which takes away the fevers and achy body for me to still be able to function.
3.  Friends visiting.  We had two friends, Sarah and Reba, come up to visit on the weekend and they came to the Dally Show with us.
4.  A forfeited netball game.  I was bracing myself to play netball with the flu tonight since one of my teammates hurt her ankle last week, and if I didn't play, we probably wouldn't have enough people.  So I was very pleasantly surprised to get home and find out that our opponents (and arch rivals) Miling forfeited.  Thank you Miling!
5.  Being reminded that although people may fail me, God never fails, and to look heavenward.  Thank you Narelle from Moments for Mum for this post.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments: