Thursday, March 03, 2011

Just 'Like' It!

I think it’s true that most blogs have more lurkers than commenters. I’m always astounded when I found out people have been secretly reading my blog for ages. My first thought is: What on earth makes them want to keep reading? Obviously there must be something about my blog that keeps them coming back.

Sometimes I’ll be reading a post on another blog that I really enjoy, but I feel a bit silly just writing ‘Good post’ as a comment. So, in June last year, I added the ‘like’ feature to my blog. This enables you to let me know anonymously that you like the post without having to write anything else. If you’re viewing this blog directly from the URL, you can click the ‘like’ button underneath each post. Or if you’re using a reader, I think there is a like button there also.

Even if you have nothing profound to say, letting me know you ‘like’ it would really encourage me.

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

I know what you mean about lurkers not commenting. I think that's just how the blog world works because I have more followers than I ever imagined I'd have and the 'stats' are even more mind-blowing!

I think it's a clever idea to put the 'like' button on your blog. Maybe you'll start a movement across blogland with your idea!