Wednesday, June 28, 2006

If You Want Me To by Ginny Owens

I am actually feeling much better now. Thanks to those of you who prayed. I'm going to keep trusting God even though I'm not sure what he's doing but I know his plans are good.

A few years ago, the then pastor at CCC mentioned on our bulletin that he found a Ginny Owens song, If You Want Me To to be a real encouragement to trust God, even when things are unclear and painful.

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear,
And I don't know the reason why you brought me here.
But just because you love me the way that you do,
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If you want me to.

'Cause I'm not who I was when I took my first step,
And I'm clinging to the promise you're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you,
Then I will go through the fire if you want me to.

It may not be the way I would have chosen

When you lead me through a world that's not my home.
But you never said it would be easy,
You only said I'll never go alone.

So when the whole world turns against me,

And I'm all by myself.
And I can't hear you answer my cries for help.
I'll remember the suffering your love put you through,
And I will go through the valley if you want me to.


I found out later that Ginny Owens is blind.

2 comments:

Sarah Starrenburg said...

Hey there. My name is Sarah and I am 24, I am also a christian, and in point of fact I am supposed to be studying for my bible college exam which is tomorrow. I was procrastinating and surfing through blogs. I clicked on the 'next blog' up in the top corner, and ended up on yours.

I don't know exactly what you are going through, but you've got it exactly right. We don't always know what is coming up next on the path, but the one thing I know I can always, always count on, is that God knows, and He has it in hand. He always causes all things to work together for good for those who love him and are called according to his purposes. You can count on it every time. And remember too, a wise man once said, 'this too shall pass'. And it always does.

Sarah, I will pray for you tonight, along with my prayers for recall in my exam tomorrow:)

Sarah said...

Hi Sarah
Thanks for praying and visiting my blog. I'll pray for you tomorrow that you will have good recall in your exam :)