Thursday, August 24, 2006

What I Really Want.....

......is a ticket to Western Derby XXIV to see the mighty mighty West Coast Eagles get their revenge on the very unmighty Freo Dorkers. Yes, I'm using the word revenge not justice. A lot of people say they want justice but they really mean revenge. Anyhoo...

I wish I could go to the match. But sadly all the tickets went to members and I'm not a member. I briefly considered ebaying but I don't want to pay a rip-off price. A lot of the radio stations are having competitions to give away tickets but the comps are always on when I'm at work.

Maybe I shouldn't be going because the match goes until 5.30 and I have to be at church at 5. I'm not rostered on for anything this week so I COULD go to the match if I had a ticket. But I'd feel so bad about skipping church for football. I don't want footy to become an idol and take my focus away from God.

Maybe it's better that I watch some of the match from the comfort of my loungeroom and then go to church. There's no way I could get a ticket anyway.

But I still want to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad my church starts at 6.30. I am a member so I will be there, i'd be so terribly torn if church were on any earlier!

Just a note, i know you said you decided not too but just affirming, do not buy tickets of Ebay, most of them get cancelled by the AFL(as Ebay passes on details and stuff to them) so you may pay good money and then not get in! Happened to a lot of people at the last Western Derby.

Why Ebay doesn't take the tickets off and penalise the seller I do not know...perhaps they are trying to lessen demand rather than supply?

Sarah said...

Thanks for the ebay tip. I thought about about buying a ticket to last year's qualifying final on there. Now I'm very glad I didn't.

That's cool that you get to go to the match, especially since it's an Eagles majority crowd. Yeah! I still want to go :(

Yell til you can't yell no more!

Anonymous said...

oh, i guarantee I will!

Could be a very interesting bible reading tonight:D