Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wisdom Teeth Update

It's now been nearly four days since I had my wisdom teeth removed. Before that, people were warning me that things usually get worse before they get better......they were right!

Up until yesterday, I was relieved that I hadn't had as much swelling as I'd expected but yesterday afternoon that started to change. The right side of my face was much more swollen than the left and I think it's because there are more stitches in that side and they're sticking into the inside of my cheek. My skin feels very tight and stretched and last night my whole face started burning up. It was better with the icepacks on but now it seems the swelling on the left side has started to go down but the right cheek still looks huge. Last night I also started to feel quite sick but not enough to vomit which was good because I doubt throwing up with a mouth full of stitches would be much fun.

Today I feel a bit better but quite weak because all I've been eating is sloppy stuff. I can't wait to gnaw on a piece of steak! My friend Rachel is coming to visit tonight and I'm expecting her to laugh when she sees me. Why wouldn't she...I look like I have a gobstopper stuffed inside my right cheek.

No comments: