Monday, March 19, 2007

The Last Stitch

I'm sure you'll all be so interested to know this.....the last stitch in my mouth from having my wisdom teeth out came out this morning. Hooray!

If you're thinking that's totally gross, that's fine....but to me it's a tremendous relief. I was a bit worried because I thought the sockets weren't healing properly and there was one stitch that wouldn't come out on the bottom left side. I was very tempted to pull it out but since it obviously wasn't ready, that decision could have been a painful and a bloody one.

Last Friday, it was one month since I had my teeth out and finally I'm stitch free. Now I just need to get all the feeling back in my tongue and the bottom of my mouth which I've been told can take a couple of months (in rare cases never...but we won't talk about that!) The other thing that bothers me know is that near the socket where the last stitch was, I can feel something pointy sticking up under my gum. I'm not sure if it's a tooth, a bone or something else but it's not on the right side as well. Eeek! I hope it's nothing bad.

1 comment:

Duncan said...

I'm so happy for you dear! I hope that sharp object in your month is only a tooth.