Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Get On Your Soapbox #7

I've had my fair share of rants on this blog so I decided it's high time I jumped on the bandwagon of a worthy cause. But first I want to let you all know some good news....

In this post, I mentioned I'd been for a skin cancer check and was awaiting test results. The doctor told me no news was good news and, if she was going to call, it would be after about a week.

Well, it's been over three weeks and she hasn't called. So that must mean good news! I still have to go back in February to get another mole checked so please keep praying for that.

Now I want to encourage you all to be 'sun smart' and go and get a skin cancer check. It only cost me $55 and you get $32 back from Medicare. It doesn't take long and it could save your life!

I'm too busy
NO EXCUSE!
I don't have the cash
I'M SURE A FRIEND WOULD LEND YOU SOME
None of my moles/freckles look dodgy
YOU'RE NOT AN EXPERT

In the words of Nike - JUST DO IT!

I know it's trendy to have a tan. But no tan is worth dying for. I'd rather be white and alive than tanned and risk getting skin cancer. Don't have the 'it won't happen to me' attitude.

Please...please be sun smart this summer.

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

I traveled your beautiful country first in 95 - I knew the sun is stronger over there. Just a few times I went short distances without a decent hat. The doc now said, ok, that was enough, that´s the explanation for a bad damage on my head - under the hair (I lost some there a while ago).

Yep. Be white as a sheet of paper and healthy. And never be too lazy to wear a hat!