Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Asked For A Trickle.....God Sent A Flood

Of people that is...

I mentioned in this post that I'll be breaking my lease in mid December and needed to find someone to move in to avoid paying double rent. The stupid stupid real estate agent first told me that it was my responsibility to find someone then later turned around and said no, actually it was theirs.

Before they told me it was their responsibility, I'd been madly hunting for a new tenant. I placed an ad at the Housing Office at the uni I work at, posted on the Staff Blog at work and emailed all of my friends and Aimee talked to the neighbours to see if any of them were interested. We prayed that God would send a few people our way.

He didn't just send a few, he sent heaps.

I had all sorts of people contact me but mostly students or employees of the university. One thing that astounds me is that people ask if the weekly rent price includes expenses. I mean, far out, do they really expect me to calculate a budget for them and figure how much electricity, gas etc they're going to use? One couple asked if they could have my TV and microwave - not buy...have. And it looked like they were serious.... .weird people!

Anyway, a guy I work with was very interested, he applied and is the new tenant after we move out WOOHOO!!

Praise God, especially since the rent is going up by $100/week. There's no way I could afford to stay on anyway.

2 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

I was looking desperately for a new tenant as well. It´s a one-room apartment. A chinese couple came, asked where the bedroom is (hello???) and considered all my stuff as theirs.
Never heard of them again (and got a new tenant in time).
And yes, people also always asked me what I pay for gas/electricity - though they don´t ever knew my life-style...

Glad to hear you also don´t have to pay double-rent :-)

Sarah said...

My house is furnished so most of the furniture belongs to the owner but some of it is mine. I clearly pointed out what was mine and what came with the house but they wanted my stuff as well anyway.

Glad you got a new tenant as well.