Monday, April 28, 2008

Days Of Our Lives In Buntine

After a brief honeymoon down south in Pemberton and Donnybrook (which I'll blog about later), then back to Perth for two more weddings (which I'll also blog about later), we're now back in our little cottage in Buntine.















As you can see, some wealthy Perthites would probably scoff at our humble dwelling but it is our home. At times, I have found myself becoming frustrated with the lack of space (particularly in the kitchen cupboards), the unwelcome invasion of household pests (moths and ants mainly) and various other things wrong with the house. Then God reminds me of his goodness in giving us this house rent-free and although it may not be ideal by what the world says is a good house, it is far more than many people have.

Duncan is back at work and pretty busy while I am still happily jobless and not intending to look for work just yet (yes the hubby has okayed that).

Here is a typical day for me (so far) in Buntine:


  • Sarah aims to wake up around 7am so she can have breakfast with Dunc before he leaves for work but, despite these good intentions, it has rarely happened. I am enjoying being a bed slug too much and usually get up around 8.30ish.
  • Sarah unpacks more boxes and tries to find places to store stuff (often in vain). So she leaves stuff in mounting piles and many of it has been packed away to store at the in-laws for future use. If you gave us a present, thanks, we will use it, it's just that space is an issue.

  • Sarah takes more stuff out of the cars and out of the shed and puts it in the house thus creating an increasingly claustrophobic environment.

  • Sarah gives up for a bit and watches some telly.

  • Sarah realises she is now a wife and should cook dinner for her husband and hopes she doesn't poison him.

  • Sarah continues to make mess in other rooms of the house. It never ends!
Other things I've done (back to 1st person hehe) are grocery shopping in Dalwallinu, catching up with Hayley (Dunc's boss's wife who also goes to our church), letting Ebony in and out (and in and out since she doesn't have a cat door), going to a social in Buntine and meeting some locals and going to a women's scrapbooking day in Dally.

Ebony is enjoying being a farm cat. Dunc picked her up from Sarah and Craig's in mid February thus putting an end to her turbulent relationship with Mr Mochs. She spent just over two weeks in the boarding kennels during the wedding/honeymoon period and since being back is quickly re-establishing herself as the queen of the house. I think she's enjoying climbing trees instead of just tall back fences.

We're getting a puppy in a few weeks, I can't wait! She's a Red Cloud Kelpie/ Border Collie X. And maybe one day we'll get some more chickens and hopefully some goats. I'm also trying to convince Dunc that Ebony needs a new boyfriend ;)

I'm really looking forward to being part of the community here. They are so friendly and welcoming and I can already see the community spirit in this place. Hopefully there will be lots of opportunities for the gospel.

And finally, here's some pictures of Ebony on her Daddy's lap before bed. He loves his puss :)
















5 comments:

bek said...

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at

"he loves his puss"

hehehehe :)

Well, I love the house (from what I can see) it looks nice and cosy...which is good for winter!!! Lots of snuggling...

seems like you're quickly becoming a kept woman (I'm very jealous)

Hope your both having loads of fun and enjoying your new life together!!!

Sarah said...

He sure does love his puss hehe :)

Happy birthday for yesterday!

Iris Flavia said...

And with solar plant, too!
I wished those were affordable here as well...
Looks nice and you have a place of your own, that´s great!
I can hear my neighbours as if they were sitting IN our apartment sometimes...

Scott Parker said...

I know the feeling Sarah. The rental place we have is only just big enough, but we don't have room for all our stuff. Our garage is full of boxes of stuff we have no room for in the house.

Sarah said...

Iris, yeah I reckon that's one of the great things about farms...plenty of space but people close enough by to visit. Duncan's boss and his wife live on the same property as us but their house is about 2 kilometres from ours.