Thursday, October 16, 2008

Journey to the Church

Here are some more of the photos our photographer took.

I was very glad the journey from Christina's house to the church only took about five minutes. It made everything so much more convenient by getting ready at her house; I don't know why some brides choose to get ready miles from where they'll be getting married. Brides are notoriously late!

Our friend Al drove my mum, dad and I in one car and our other friend Dave drove the four 'maids. When I first got into the car, I thought I was going to vomit from nerves but the moment we pulled up in the carpark all nerves vanished and I was really, really excited. I just wanted to go up the aisle! It was like that when I did theatre as well. I used to get a bit nervous (some nerves can help in giving a great performance) but then when it was time to get on stage, I was hyped.

Duncan said he was pretty nervous as well as he waited with great anticipation of my arrival. When I hopped out of the car, I was pleased to see that most people had arrived and not many were milling around in the carpark. Although a few curious ones were standing with Tim (my bro) and Liz (Dunc's cousin) who were our welcomers.

The girls helped me put my veil over my face and the next thing David, our pastor, was announcing my arrival. Some of the 'maids were a bit worried about getting their entrance timing to the music right but I was sure everything would be fine. This was one moment I never thought would happen to me.......I was about to walk up the aisle as a bride.

To be continued...........


Jamin, Clayton, Craig, Simon and Duncan








Tim











































1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

You look just gorgeous! And so "calm" :-)