Friday, September 25, 2009

5 Worst AFL Club Songs

At least I won't have to listen to any of THESE songs after the Grand Final tomorrow!

1. Port Adelaide
Stupid lyrics, stupid song. We'll never stop, stop, stop til we drop, drop, drop. Ha! I could write better lyrics than that.

2. Fremantle
This song is so dreary and depressing, no wonder they're so crap. I wouldn't win either if it meant listening to that song. Strange how the two newest clubs in the competition have the two worst songs, in my opinion. The song writers must have run out of ideas. I wonder what Gold Coast's song will be like *shudder*.

3. North Melbourne
Too fast and too irritatingly cheerful. It reminds me of horses cantering. Awful song!

4. Brisbane
Lame and a bit dreary. I think I just got sick of hearing this song when the Lions were at the height of their power at the start of the decade.

5. Sydney
Maybe I don't like this song because of the 2005 Grand Final? Or maybe I got sick of seeing Sydney singing it in the changerooms with that old dude in the middle conducting them. Either way, it doesn't do anything for me.

Which AFL club songs do you think are the worst?

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

I can tell the best GFL song is the one of the Braunschweig Lions.

That is if you like "You ask for power, party and sex-appeal?..." Well actually it´s spoken. And a lion roars, too.

Don´t ask for the Hamburg Blue Devil´s one! Gahhh! They even looked stupid.