Thursday, September 17, 2009

Supermarket Etiquette

If you reckon there's nothing like grocery shopping to get your blood boiling, then you may be able to relate to my little poem :)

If you stop to chat a while,
With your trolley blocking the aisle
I will come and glare at you,
And tap my foot for a minute or two.
I think aisle blockers should be banned.
Don't look at me like you don't understand!

Hey you there in the line.
Don't you ever read the sign?
It says twelve items or less.
You must have fifty there at best!

So before you shop, think a while.
Go armed with good manners and a smile.
Don't dawdle, don't delay,
And we'll all have a pleasant day.

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

Gaaahhhhhhhhh! ;-)
First line and I felt my vein nearly pulsating!

You could add why/that people never - ever! (most) - leave the darn trolley in front of narrow aisles, but drag 'em inside - and take their time examining the darn cheapy Gouda-cheese for literally minutes!

On the other hand, many leave the trolley... including their handbag, nicely presented in the children´s seat - the purse just looking at you.

OH. Wouldn´t life be just booooring without people like that?! ;-)