Monday, September 21, 2009

Reunions

While in Melbourne last month, we got to catch up with people we hadn't seen for a long time. First, we had dinner with my cousin Lee and her family at Southbank. I only met her and her daughter, Amy, for the first time ever when they visited Perth at the start of last year and this time I finally got to meet her husband, Barrie, and son, Cameron, as well.













The following day we caught up with our friends, Jo and Dan, who got married a week after us. They moved to Melbourne late last year so this was the first time we'd seen them since then and the first time we'd met their honeymoon baby, Sean. We went to the coolest chocolate cafe called Max Brenner Chocolate Bar where everything on the menu is chocolate! Definitely my kind of place :) I ordered a pot of melted chocolate....yummo! Afterwards, we went to a Chinese restaurant.



Dunc's coffee.













My first cuddle with Sean.



On our second-last day in Melbourne, Jenn (the friend we were staying with) took us for a drive to the DFOs (Direct Factory Outlets) in Essendon and then out to the quaint little town of Kyneton which is about an hour north-west of Melbourne. Her brother is a chef at a fine dining restaurant there and while the food was visually exquisite, I am not really a fine dining kind of person. I prefer my fish and chips any day.




Jenn and I.




Dessert, which included chocolate tea.
The restaurant in Kyneton.

No comments: