Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sounds in the Valley

Late last year I headed to Perth alone for three consecutive weekends. Duncan was busy with harvest and all of my appointments happened to be close together so I did a lot of travelling. It wasn't ideal when I was already so tired but I still managed to enjoy myself.

Here are some photos of Emma (my bridesmaid and former housemate) and I at the Sounds in the Valley concert up at Elmars in the Valley which is German brewery and restaurant. I was so excited when she told me about this concert because I actually liked all of the featured artists - Wendy Matthews, Mark Seymour, Darryl Braithwaite and Chris Murphy. Emma is the only friend of mine who likes these artists. Duncan said being forced to go that concert would be a form of torture for him. Hahaha he missed out!
Overall, the concert was brilliant and most people (including us) got up and danced when mark Seymour came on at the end. I think I'd rather hear Wendy Matthews in a small pub setting as she has that kind of husky voice which would sound good in that environment. The food left a lot to be desired. Some people brought their own picnic food but we decided it would be easier to buy it there. It was revolting to say the least....and disgustingly overpriced. $9 for some German sausage in a bun with all kinds of strange things in there. I won't be making that mistake again!

Anyway, here are some photos. I look pretty gross in them and I had to take them with my mobile since my camera batteries decided to cark it at the crucial moment.







No comments: