Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

We did it!  Our first Christmas as hosts and I think we passed the test!  While it was a wonderful day filled with great joy, I am now quite tired.  Kudos to those with big families who do stacks of cooking, cleaning and washing up EVERY DAY!

A few days before Christmas, I created and submitted my entry for the Women Bible Life nativity challenge.  I didn't win, but it was a lot of fun!

My old childhood toys enjoyed the opportunity to star in such an important scene.
 
The angel was a fairy with a dress made out of tissues.
 
Starring Barbie as Mary, Ken as Joseph, a fairy doll as baby Jesus...and a whole lot of computerised sheep.

Bert and Ernie got to be shepherds.




My first foray into the realm of Christmas newsletters.  Hmm I hope my extended family didn't think it was TOO corny.

Then, on Christmas Eve, I got a call from one of the local supermarkets to say I'd won their randomly drawn competition.  Putting my receipts in the box each week paid off!  I now have a brand new microwave. :)

Present opening:

Wow!  For me?




Merry Christmas!

Everybody say, "Christmas!"


My brother, Tim, and I after defeating Duncan and his brother, Clayton, 7-5 in the inaugural tennis match.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like you had a great time!
Loved the My Little Ponies in the nativity scene :)

Iris Flavia said...

Love the shepherds :-) Bert is still to be unpacked at Niece´s place.