Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rianna's 30th

I've been to my fair share of 30th birthday parties in years gone by, but this year is definitely the year of 30ths.

My good friend Rianna turned 30 in late March.  Hers was the third 30th I'd been invited to this year so far (I couldn't attend my friend Rhianon's in January because it was the day after I had Rory).  Duncan was relieved that Rianna's party didn't involve costumes. ;)

We took Rory with us so some other friends could meet him for the first time.  I'm not sure if I would take him again.  He was quite unsettled and it's hard to concentrate on conversations when you're wondering if your baby is crying and you can't hear him over the noise.  Still, it was a good night and a great celebration.

Countdown: two weeks to go until I turn the big 3-0.

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

I'm glad that you guys got to go out and socialize. Personally, I had about 12 times that I 'turned 30' :) 37 was a good year, too, so I also used that number for many years.