Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Bible Verse of the Day

To some people, studying at university, then working, only to give it up to stay home and be at the mercy of a very confusing baby, seems ludicrous.

But that's in the eyes of the world.  I don't see having my little man and staying home to look after him as a waste of my time or talents.  I'm glad to be home with him, watching him grow (most days).  This time will never come again and, God-willing, I can still use my qualifications sometime down the track.

Yet, as much as I love Rory, sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day.  The feeding, the nappy-changing, the entertaining, the comforting, the housework...each day seems the same.  And the days are long!  Often I wake up feeling like I haven't recovered from the day before.

There is someone that notices.  My Heavenly Father sees all.  You see, I don't just do it all for Rory, I do it all for God...for His glory.


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24

No comments: