Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Hitting the Stage

I'm finally getting to do something I haven't done in over 10 years...be in a play!

The last time I was in a play was when I played a black cat in a pantomime while at uni.

December 2003


I auditioned for a local theatre production (everyone who auditions gets a part) and I'm now going to weekly rehearsals.  The play is a murder mystery farce.  It's tough rehearsing in the middle of seeding, and I'm so grateful to my parents who come up to take care of Rory since Duncan is working long hours.  It's just something I have to do at this stage of my life when I only have one child.  I've missed the buzz of theatre terribly over the past decade.

Then this morning I got an email from the director saying we are no longer going to be doing this play.  Licensing issues, plus two cast members pulling out meant we would be struggling to be ready to go by late June, which was the plan.  So, now we're going to be doing a different play and performing it in mid August.

There you have it, the crazy world of theatre.  As the old saying goes, the show must go on.


No comments: