Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Man!!!

Here it is! The post and photo you've all been waiting for. This is my boyfriend, Duncan and we've been together since the 5th January, so just over two weeks now.

I go to the same church as his brother, Clayton, so that's how we first met. Dunc moved to Perth from Busselton at the end of 2005 and started attending my church, but it wasn't until late last year I started to have feelings for him. He moved to Buntine (in the Wheatbelt, three hours from Perth) to work on a farm at the end of September so I kissed my chance goodbye and God had a LOT of work to do on me in lots of areas. Little did I know, Dunc had feelings for me too and we started to get to know each other better, despite the long distance.

The announcement of our relationship has surprised a few people and thrilled others, including my friend Sarah who got married yesterday. Apparently she has wanted to set us up for a while ;)

By no means do I think I've 'arrived' - God will still be working in me for the rest of my life. I'm just awed and grateful at his kindness and we both want to submit our relationship to him.

And now here's the pic ;) I reckon he's hot.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh, yes, that's not a picture of me at all!

bek said...

nup. I didnt guess it. and nup, I dont think I know him!
Wishing you both the best in your relationship!! Its so exciting!!

Sarah said...

Thanks :D

Anonymous said...

woohoo! that is so very awesome Sarah:)

All the best!

Now, if God could just sort out my stupid predicament we would ALL be happy:P

(note to self, stop adding your own worries on to congratulatory posts on other people blogs:P)

ok, annoyed rant over:P Congrats again;)

Sarah said...

Thanks Middo. Nice to see you're back!

Anonymous said...

Nice, nice, I'm one of the thrilled people. God bless you both in every way.
Jane Reeve

Sarah said...

Thanks for your encouragement Janey :D

Anonymous said...

you don't look too bad yourself, bit of a fox if you ask me:)

Sarah said...

Cheeky cheeky ;)

Amanda Hunt said...

Hi! Say hit to Duncan for us, we know both him, his brother Clayton and his parents (we're regulars at the Burt's cottage). I found your blog through the new community of bloggers (which I found through Rodney Olsen). Funny how things can lead you round in circles like that! Anyway, 'waving' at Duncan, catch up with you sometime soon!

Amanda Hunt said...

Oh and I meant to write 'say hi' to Duncan not 'say hit' to Duncan, that wouldn't make any sense!