Friday, January 26, 2007

More Failing Technology

Are you looking to buy a mobile phone?

Do not buy a Nokia 6233.

I repeat....

Do NOT buy a Nokia 6233.

I bought one in August last year cos I needed a new phone (my old one kept cutting off during calls). After a few months, strange things started happening. It kept saying the memory was full even though I had very few messages and photos stored in it. I deleted even more stuff and it STILL kept saying the memory was full. In fact, the memory capacity seemed to be shrinking and I had to delete messages as soon as I got them. Finally, text messages wouldn't send at all as the phone kept freezing.

Two weeks ago I took it back to the Telstra Shop, then two days ago, I got a call saying it was ready so I picked it up (after waiting in a queue for AGES) then found they had done weird things to it. One of my smileys was gone, some of the menus had been re-arranged and I still couldn't send text messages.

So yesterday, I went back to the Telstra Shop AGAIN and waited AGAIN (yes I struggle with impatience, especially where queues are concerned). They sent my phone away AGAIN and if it doesn't work this time, I get a new phone for free, any brand I like that's of similar value.

I will NOT be getting another Nokia 6233.

Thank goodness I kept my old phone.

And I've come to the conclusion that technology doesn't like me :/

3 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

I guess one of the problems is that they're shoving more and more technology into smaller and smaller units. On top of that there's the pressure to get new products into the market as quickly as possible rather than spending more time in the testing stage.

My phone makes and receives calls. That's it. No camera. No MP3. Just a phone. It seems to do the trick.

Anonymous said...

But Dude, technology is our friend, just like computers and anything artificial!
On the other hand... my old Nokia 3210 works better than my newish Kyocera CDMA 'phone. (Although, that could just be because I reckon the ebay seller I got it from was selling returned 'phones.)

Anonymous said...

I partly agree with rodney, and terios. Sometimes you just get a bad batch and there's nothing you can do except, try a different model or brand, and ofcourse hope for the best!