Monday, January 29, 2007

Hey! Check out my Blog - Part 2

Back in November, I talked about how easy it is for new bloggers to feel disillusioned at the lack of readers and comments their blog attracts. One way to introduce your blog to new readers is to comment on other people's blogs and they may just come and have a look at yours.

Another way is to make sure you blog regularly.

I know it's hard sometimes. Quite frankly, there are days when I just can't be bothered putting up a new post. I have plenty to say and I try to blog every few days but sometimes I just get lazy. But I know that I'm personally a lot more attracted to blogs that are updated regularly (ie. every few days) than blogs that are only updated once a month or every few months.

Of course, as bloggers, we all have lives in the 'real world' too and we shouldn't feel we need to be chained to our computers just so we can entertain randoms in cyberspace. If I spent more time blogging than with my friends and family then that would be pretty sad. My point is though, if you have a blog but never write on it, then why do you have one in the first place? There are many bloggers out there who are excellent writers but the frequency of their posts is so sporadic that soon my visits to their blog become more and more sporadic too. Then I forget to even check their blog at all.

So, if you want more readers, remember to keep posting regularly. And don't use the excuse that you have nothing interesting to say. Bollocks! People have a tendency to find other people's lives more intriguing than their own. Some lurker on your blog probably finds you the most interesting person on earth ;)

P.S. Another way to get more readers is to join the Community of Bloggers. Check it out! I might do that too.

No comments: