Wednesday, May 30, 2007

All By Myself

In Genesis 2:18, God says "It is not good for man to be alone."

I agree, especially not on one's birthday.

Yes, I turn 24 today on the 30th May (just restating the date so you can write it in your diaries for next year) ;)

Sadly, when someone asks me my age I can no longer say 'early twenties'. Now I've moved into my mid-twenties. Arrgh!

Due to 15mls of rain up at Buntine at seeding time, Dunc couldn't make it down for my birthday. But he made up for it by sending me 24 red roses - one for each year of my life. Awwww :)

So here I am, all by myself at home with my cat, since I don't work Wednesdays anyway. Maybe I should go into work for the company - actually.....nah! I'm catching up with some friends tonight though so it's not all bad. And I should be able to finish off writing Chapter 17 of my novel (I've been becoming more and more slack lately).

Happy Birthday to me.

That's all.

6 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Mid 20s hey? Just think ... next year you'll clock up a quarter of a century.

If 24 is officially mid 20s I've got a month and a half until I hit my mid 40s. Maybe I should start planning my mid-life crisis now.

Have a wonderful birthday. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Happy birthday from here, too :-)

Sarah said...

Thanks Rodney and Iris for your birthday wishes.

Arrgh! Don't remind me I'll be 25 next year - halfway to 50, a quarter of a way to 100!!!

mattnbec said...

HB Sare! Hope it was good, even without Duncan.

I reckon you never feel as old as you are. What I mean is that you never feel as wise/accomplished or whatever as you expected you would at that age. I still feel young and stupid...perhaps I am! But now that I've passed the 30 mark, I guess it's more the stupid bit! Hmmm...

Anyway, I also find that it's not so much how old I am that suddenly hits me, it's also particular events. For me, one thing that made me realise I was getting old/something like that was after Matt and I got married, we made a drawer in our filing cabinet which we labelled "Household stuff". That freaked me out more than getting married and owning a house! Another one was when I was working with CU and I realised that I was 10 years older than the first years...that made me feel so old!

Bec

Sarah said...

Hi Bec
Welcome to my blog. Yeah I reckon it's a bit like that quote - growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Nah, you aint stupid - (do I get brownie points for that?) ;) and I know what you mean about the first years. They get younger every year and I look at them and think 'you aren't old enough to be at uni'. I can't believe it's been 6 years since I started!

bek said...

Happy Birthday!!

Sorry for the late well wishes...have been off sick all week, but i hope you had a fantastic day even though you are now having to say mid 20's!! :)