Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Year Ago Today

It may not seem like it, but it is. Exactly one year ago today, on the 19th June 2006, a young enthusiastic (and slightly naive) blogger burst onto the blogging scene. This was her debut post.

Woohoo! I'm a blogger!

Stay tuned for more interesting posts ;)

As I celebrate the Sedshed's first birthday today, you be the judge. Has Sed said more interesting things over the past year since that hastily typed post one year ago?

The word 'journey' is bandied about so much today but it really is the best word to describe my past year in the blogosphere. I remember typing that first post and then checking my blog almost every minute, utterly convinced that I would have at least 10 comments in no time from established bloggers eagerly welcoming the new kid.

I had a lot to learn.

After quickly coming to the realisation that it is better to give than to receive, I began to comment on blogs that I had secretly been lurking on for the past few months. Some of those bloggers came to visit the Sedshed, others did not. Gradually the direction I wanted to my blog to take began to form in my mind. While I am largely a 'personal' blogger and a ruminator, I started to develop series such as Sarah's School of Dating, Calling All Theoblogians, Hey! Check Out My Blog, Get On Your Soapbox, the upcoming Sarah's School of Etiquette and I also became a regular partaker in other blogging activities such as Blogthings, Friday Funnies and Photo Friday.

Over the past year, the blogosphere has heard about some of the best moments of my life and some of the worst, my often less than eloquent opinions and the things that make me tick such as Jesus, Duncan, friends, family, pets and of course the mighty mighty West Coast Eagles.

I have encountered some wonderful bloggers and also some complete twats. My life has been so much richer with my own piece of cyberspace and I am grateful for the people who have visited over the past year, those I know in real life and those I have 'met' in the blogosphere. You know who you are.

The potential for blogging is enormous for good or for bad. So many people live online these days. I am hopeful that by visiting the Sedshed, people might not only get to know me but also a bit more about the one who made them, loves them and died for them - Jesus.

So if you visit this blog today sing 'Happy Birthday' and remember 'Sedshed - no-one's better in the blogosphere' (I obviously need a healthy dose of humility ;) ).

7 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Happy birthday, Sarah, or rather Sed :-)
So far, I do like what you have to say, maybe you like to add a pic more often?

Anonymous said...

happy blogger b'day!

Rodney Olsen said...

And what a magnificent first year of blogging it's been. Well done.

I'm looking forward to the next year of great posts.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'll put some cake in your computer's CD-ROM drive next time I'm there!

Duncan said...

Happy b'day honey, you've done very well, you got me interested, thanks!

bek said...

yay!! Happy b'day. not very original i know, but i cant be bothered at the moment! how bout....keep bloggin in style!!

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone. Iris, I'm hoping to put some more photos on my blog soon when I get internet connection at home again :)