Thursday, December 20, 2007

Why I've Been Away.....

This is why I've been missing from the blogosphere for almost a week.








Picture is from http://juliepacestudio.com






I've had random spots appearing since the middle of last week but I put it down to the stress of moving house.

Then on Sunday, a friend at church reckoned I had chicken pox.

I've never had it before but was vaccinated against it years ago. Everyone immediately gave me the wide berth and I've spent the last few days at home (my new home) without internet access and in peace and quiet.

On Tuesday I went to the doctor to see what he thought. I explained that I had a few random spots appearing (but not many) and that I'd been feeling a bit sick off and on. My skin feels quite itchy most of the time even though there's not much visible evidence about why this should be the case.

He didn't even mention chicken pox, he seems to think it's an allergy of some sort. After eliminating animals, washing powder and diet as possible causes, we're still no closer to determining what's causing it. I'm taking an antihistamine and if it doesn't work, I have to go back to the doctor.

Today I'm back at work and after explaining that it's unlikely to be chicken pox or anything contagious, I've stopped getting wary looks and they've been very sympathetic. I'm just glad to be back on the net and not treated like a leper.

Thank goodness I've had no spots on my face.

As to what's causing this, well the mystery continues.........

2 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Well, yep, just like me over here. Stress could be it! I´m better already and send you all the best wishes!

Sarah said...

Thanks. Glad to hear you're better. Maybe it's a moving house rash?