Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sorry Is The Hardest Word

It took years for the Australian government to finally apologise to the Stolen Generation of Aboriginal people last week.

Sorry is a very hard word to say.

Likewise, I'm sorry to the people who have faced my wrath during the past week and got their heads ripped off in the process, whether they be people close to me or complete strangers. It's always the people close to me (Duncan and my family) who cop it the most.

I'm truly sorry.

I never like using bad personal circumstances as an excuse to treat people badly. As a friend of mine once said, "It's a reason - not an excuse."

Some people have been extremely patronising by cracking poor excuses for jokes. Even though some people might say I'm justified in retaliating, it's really not the way to deal with it.

I'm astounded at the immediate grace and forgiveness some people have shown. Not that I didn't think they were capable of it, but I know how easy it is to retaliate and I can see God at work in them.

To those who have helped out in any way - thank you! I did not wish to infer that we were not grateful for your help.

No comments: