Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Get On Your Soapbox #10

I never expected to start the week with a rant but a rant is due.

I'm sick to death of the absolutely CRAP internet we have out here. It's like they think that country people don't deserve good internet connection or that they're all old farmers and don't know how to use it anyway.

Our internet has been down all day yesterday, most of today and even now it's dropping in and out. Sadly this is nothing new. Sometimes I have to pull the plug thingy out of its socket and back in again up to half a dozen times just to get on the jolly net. We're always ringing up the internet service provider to tell them that the net is down AGAIN!

Country people deserve better. Especially when I'm out here and the net is the easiest and cheapest way of keeping in contact.

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

Now this won´t make you happier, but.... you´re not alone - my brother lives in a small village - 56k-modem-connection, nothing more available!