Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday Wish List

It's me berfday....on Saturday :)

Despite the fact that I'll be 26 and closer to 50 than 0, I'm looking forward to it.

I jokingly put on Facebook that I expect everyone to get me a present. I was KIDDING :) But if you must......I won't complain ;)

So here's my wish list:
  • Jewellery's always a winner. I like colourful, unusual stuff rather than gold bling.
  • Massage vouchers.
  • Gift vouchers to anywhere are good. I don't see them as impersonal. We don't need any kitchen or house stuff so books, clothes, department stores, music....anything like that is good.
  • I recently got hooked on Momento photobooks. Vouchers to there are good too.
  • A ticket to an Eagles' game (a winning one preferably).

I find it amusing when someone I know well gives me a gift that's really not me (I appreciate the thought though) and say to me, "I got this cos it's so you." Ummmmm. I reserve the right to sell it on ebay haha.

I think I appreciate people remembering my birthday rather than the gifts themselves, although they are nice too. If Duncan gets me a present it shows to me that he has remembered it's his darling wife's birthday and that he's not turning into one of those husbands who slack off in doing nice things for their wives.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET ME ANYTHING! A kind smile or a hug will do just fine. Because of the distance that smile and hug may have to be virtual ones. Obviously this list is for people who know me well and not for randoms in the blogosphere who wouldn't know me if they fell over me.

This post is setting off the raging battle in my mind between two versions of me. One who thinks it's my birthday and presents would be cool....and the other who reminds me that God has already given me everything I need and more and I lack nothing.

2 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sarah! :-)

Sarah said...

Thanks Iris :)