Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 1 in Sydneytown

Well.....we're back!

Sydney is fantastic!  I had such a great time.  I think I have post-holiday depression actually.  While it's all a bit too loud and scary for country bumpkins like us, it was a great adventure. When we flew into Australia's biggest city, I saw the bright lights and immediately thought, I don't think we're in Kojonup anymore.

We crammed so much into four days and I drank so much coffee that I'm just starting to get 'with it' again.  I've been over east quite a few times and have never had a problem with the two hour time difference before.  It's funny, we were in JB Hi-Fi in Perth before heading home when Duncan came up next to me with a handful of DVDs, asking which ones I wanted.  I was so out of it that I thought he was someone who worked there!

Anyway, I digress.  Back to Sydney....

I must thank our friends, Jane and Tim, who were so hospitable.  They took us around for the first two days until they had to start their new semester at Bible college, and they even gave up their bed for us while they slept on an air mattress in their lounge room.


The boys were too shy, but Jane and I just had to have a photo with CAPTAIN COOK! (What do you mean he's not the real Captain Cook?)

Typical tourist shot!



For some reason, Duncan wanted to take a photo underneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge




The Rocks Markets.


View from The Rocks







A picnic lunch on the North Shore (ooo posh!)

Luna Park!  There was free entry.



Hehe Tim the bearded granny!  Funniest pic ever!


Duncan was a bit obsessed with the Opera House.

An out of focus pic of us showing the end result of a visit to Max Brenner :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks fun! And I live in Sydney (never do all the fun tourist stuff though).

Iris Flavia said...

Yep, sure looks like fun! :-) Have you been inside the Opera House, how is it like?

Sarah said...

Nope we didn't go outside, just around the outside. More pics to come :)