I thought that with a new baby and all, my hopes should be a bit more low-key this year.
1. SURVIVE. My aim is to get home from hospital and be in 'survival mode' (like I am when I'm sick or recovering from being sick - just do the bare essentials). A shower is an achievement. Preparing a meal is an achievement. This will be hard for me. I like to DO things other than day-to-day tasks, but I also know my limitations. I'm aiming just to rest, recover, enjoy getting to know the baby, and being a family of three.
2. Continue editing my book and then search for a literary agent. I'm doing some editing at the moment, I will stop (obviously) when baby is born, then try to do little bits here and there when I'm feeling a bit more robust.
3. Join our church's women's Bible study group or meet one-to-one with another Christian woman. Again, this can wait until things have settled down a bit.
4. Go on a holiday to Sydney to celebrate my 30th birthday instead of having a party. My birthday is in May, but if we do go, it won't be until July or August. Duncan thinks an interstate trip with a baby will be hard for us. We'll see.
5. Keep on with the mission convenors role at our church in partnership with Duncan. Last year I hoped to get the congregation (including myself) to take more of an interest in missions. This year I want to actively encourage the missionaries we support through emails, letters etc.