Thursday, September 25, 2014

Rest

We are currently in the midst of holidays....wonderful, glorious holidays!  We've been here, there and everywhere in the past week and a half - Dunsborough to see Duncan's family, Perth, Dalwallinu for our old church's 50th anniversary, back to Perth. Now we are home, washing clothes and repacking ready to spend the long weekend in Bremer Bay, four wheel driving with friends.  Rory's first trip to Bremer outside the womb, yay!

It's amazing how much better I've felt since I quit my job. The shoulder and back pain I'd been experiencing disappeared (probably caused by stress and from sitting hunched over at my desk so much). I can sit and put my feet up for five minutes while Rory naps, instead of running around like a chook with its head chopped off.  I know I definitely made the right decision. My boss was very understanding as she knew exactly what I went through last year and sent me flowers while I was in the Mother Baby Unit.

I've decided...I will not even consider going back to work until all our children are in full time school and, even then, it would only be part time.

It was a pretty awful week a few weeks ago.  I also found a stinking, decomposing mouse in the bottom of my wardrobe, and I found one of my hens, Eggnog, dying.  She passed away peacefully in my arms.  I only have five girls left now *sniff*.

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

That´s good news, Sarah - well, apart from the poor hen, that is, certainly! Family should always come first. No matter what, Wednesdays are "Daddy-days" in my Bro´s life and that is just so right.