Monday, October 17, 2016

5 Reasons Why I Hate School Holidays

I know what you're thinking....You don't even have school-age children yet, Sarah.  But school holidays affect me just as much.  Here's why:

1.  The programs we attend during term time (Bible study, Rory's three-year-old pre-kindy program that one of the ladies on the farm runs) shut down because those with school-age children like to go away then.
2.  There is no-one to hang out with because everyone's away.
3.  There are more loud kids everywhere (just not ones we know).
4.  It's harder to get a spot at daycare because they take primary-age children during school holidays, too.
5.  In a small town like ours, it's not like we have the option of going to shopping centres, or cinemas, or anything else for kids, like my city friends do.

It rained steadily for those two weeks.  My kids were suffering from cabin fever and there was nowhere to go.

Hooray for Term 4.

No comments: