Thursday, July 20, 2006

Chill Out Time

Just as soon as one trip is over, another one begins. I came home from Victoria on Monday then I spent Tuesday washing, ironing, shopping and packing and managed to squeeze in a walk with Emma down at the South Perth foreshore, a brief gym workout (punishment for bad eating on holidays) then bible study with the girls.

Now I'm in Albany and will be down here in my home town until Sunday arvo. I'm hoping for some real chill out time down here to practice singing, watch videos, write my novel, blog and catch up with family and friends. This morning I caught up with my good friend, Rachel, and met her new boyfriend, Nick who was very nice. Tomorrow, Rachy and I are having lunch and she's gonna show me how much everything's changed down here since I was last down at Easter. Apparantly the Albany folk are stoked cos they have Target and Best and Less hehehe. I also found out one of my favourite restaurants, Neros has closed down :(. Dome is also going to be opening here soon in the building that used to be part of my old primary school. They demolished the rest of the school to build the new building that Target and others are in. How weird to think that people are going to be drinking coffee where I did Year 7.

Tomorrow night I'm going to catch up with another good friend of mine, Rianna. And of course I've just got to visit the beach. I won't be swimming though - only the grannies are crazy enough to do that.

It's weird being back in Albany. My cats, Ellie and Marmalade and my goldfishes, Aquarius and George are pleased to see me (well as much as the fish can remember anything ;)). It all feels very nostalgic and I'm sure when I go down the main street I'll see about 50 people I know. Makes me feel like a celebrity; it's so easy to be anonymous in Perth.

It's good to be back :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have a cat called marmalade in Albany too:D:D

Albany is always a little weird, both good and bad weird, to go back to I think. It is so different for me now being in Albany having adjusted to Perth, very strange.

Enjoy your stay:)