Friday, July 07, 2006

Dirty Dogs

The nerve of the Western Bulldogs, coming here and beating the mighty mighty WCE on their home turf. Now all the Vics will think they can come here and win. Kick a Vic, I say. Yes, I'm extremely one-eyed and I don't like to admit when the other team played well, even though I suppose the Dogs did really.

I watched the first half of the match at Kate's place before I left for church but I had set my VCR to record the second half. That's what I do when I have to go out when the Eagles are playing. I tape the match and then get the score on my mobile. If they win, then I watch the match with glee (especially if it's a thrashing, I love a good thrashing, particularly when we thrash the Dorkers). If we lose, then I quickly tape over it.

So as soon as church finished, I got the score and let a rather loud 'Nooooooooo' which alarmed Duncan. I think he thought someone must have died.

I saw the footage on TV later of Big Cox (no I'm not being rude - he's the ruckman) going down with a broken collarbone. Well now, Michael Gardiner has a chance to show his dubious pastimes are well behind him and get back to his 2003 form.

I really hope this week the Eagles can dig their way out of this form slump they've found themselves in. Yes, they've only lost the past two matches and are 10-3 on the season which is very good but they haven't thrashed anyone this year apart from Brisbane and Richmond and, they're well, Brisbane and Richmond. One of the so-called 'wise men of the East' reckoned it's because we don't have Phil Matera anymore but I dunno. Everyone was talking about the Eagles amazing comebacks against Geelong and Carlton but they should never have let themselves get in such a position against such crap teams anyway. I missed both of those due to being at the State Youth Games and then Chris, Hester and Kayla's farewell. It's probably a good thing too - my heart wouldn't have been able to stand it.

Woosha has wielded the axe this week and a jolly good thing too. May Hawthorn be thrashed tomorrow. I'll be watching.

GO THE MIGHTY WEST COAST EAGLES!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, it was a sad day for all us passionate WCE supporters. It's actually the first time I personally have seen a melbourne team beat the eagles at home!(since I've only lived in Perth since '03)

Big Cox getting injured is bad but it makes way for Mr Mark Seaby(wonderful Subi C of C boy;)) to get back into the team. Hopefully he can get some form back as, well, he was dropped for playing like a dog for a while!

Final note...how good was SYG! I spose coming second as a church helped:D Who did you go with?

Over and out!

Sarah said...

Ironically, the last time the Eagles lost to a Vic team at Subi was the last game of footy I went to. It was against Melbourne in August 2002. We lost by 6 points and it was also the day Chris Judd kicked one of the goals of the year. That goal was featured on the Eagles ad with Ernie Dingo on it.
I shall have to go the footy again soon :) It has been way too long.

I loved SYG. I went with South Perth cos my housemate Emma goes there. I've been trying to go since she was with BAIT but this year I was finally free on that weekend. Congrats to Subi for coming 2nd :)

Anonymous said...

Now it all makes sense!!! Your the Sarah that Emma lives with(whom I know very well). I just got back from Kal from the ACOM trip there:)

very cool, now I know who Emma meant by Sarah:)

Sarah said...

Aye, yes that's me all right. I've lived with Emma for 2.5 years :)
And you got to listen to one of my old tapes in the car on the way to Kal, I believe :)