Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Busiest Weekend Ever!!!

I am very grateful for this weekend. It has been so quiet and I've hardly seen anyone (although I'm going to church soon so will see lots of people then). I've done some gardening, bought a bedside table from the Salvos (thank God for the Salvos), played tennis, did some grocery shopping, watched TV, talked on the phone to my friend Rachel in Albany and went to the gym. However, I really needed this weekend because last weekend was THE BUSIEST WEEKEND EVER!!!

Seriously there were enough activities crammed into it to last three weekends. Here was my itinerary for the long weekend.

* Friday night - Leanne and Jason's engagement party at Bassendean Presbyterian Church.
* Saturday morning - buying and preparing salad to take to the Grand Final bbq at Craig's place as well as getting everything ready for the camp I was going on on Sunday.
* Saturday arvo - Watching my boys taste premiership glory of course with a mob of fellow Eagles supporters (although I am the nuttiest).
* Saturday night - Emma and Peter's engagement party at the Rhein Donau Club (aka the German club) in Myaree.
* Sunday - I finished packing my stuff and left at 6.45am to head to Guilderton for camp. My church was running a camp for people who speak English as a second language in partnership with St Matthew's Anglican Church, Shenton Park. Most of the people who came were from China and are here to study or work. They aren't Christian but are very keen to find out about Jesus. The camp started on Saturday but I came a day late because I wanted to go to Emma's engagement party. It was such a blast!! We ran exploring Christianity bible study groups, went down to Moore River and the beach, watched The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, ate, talked and much more. It was my first time as a leader on this sort of camp but everyone was so nice and their kids were so much fun to be around that I soon forgot to be nervous. I've only been involved in this kind of ministry for the past month and I have no idea what God wants me to do but I feel him telling me to trust him and he will make things clear and my path straight. I just wish Australians were so keen to find out about Jesus as these Chinese people. I will pray for them. We headed home on Monday arvo. Normally I would have to work because unis don't observe all public holidays, but I had a day of annual leave. Yay for holidays :)

At the end I was SO very tired but thankful to God for sustaining me and giving me a safe trip to Guilderton and back and of course for the Eagles winning. It was a great weekend and all the things I did were worthwhile things to be doing but I pray I don't have another weekend quite so busy for a while!

No comments: