Friday, October 27, 2006

Ten Reasons Why I Never Wash

I got a laugh out of this when I first heard it but it's kinda sad too. If you've ever tried to invite friends or family who aren't Christian to church, you may have heard these before.

1. I was forced to wash as a child.
2. People who wash are hypocrites. They think they are cleaner than everyone else.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap, I could never decide which one was right.
4. I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped.
5. I wash only on special occasions, like Easter and Christmas.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I'm still young. When I'm older and have gotten a bit dirtier, I might start washing.
8. I really don't have time to wash.
9. The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
10. People who make soap are only after your money.

Additonal excuses:
  • I get along very well without washing.
  • I work hard all week and am too tired to take a bath on the weekend.
  • The first bar of soap I ever used gave me a rash, so I haven't gone near soap since!

Apparantly it was written by a parish priest in Dublin but the exact author is unknown.

No comments: