Saturday, December 16, 2006

Holidays at Last!!!

Yay! I'm on holidays and I'm typing this blog post down in my hometown of beautiful Albany while all the Perthites suffer in the heat. A friend smsed me and told me it was over 40 up there today. It was only 29 down here. Perfect for someone who can't stand hot weather. Now I'm on holidays for next two weeks and go back to Perth on the 29th, just in time for New Year's.

Thursday was my last day at work and my department had our Christmas lunch at the Mt Henry Tavern in Manning where we got our Secret Santa presents. Thanks Santa for the weighted bookmark with frogs on it. We're not meant to say whose Secret Santa we were but mine accidentally let it slip - not-so-Secret Santa hehe ;)

Yesterday I headed down to Albany on the bus and before I left, my friend Rachel who lives down here sent me an sms saying she hoped I wouldn't get stuck next to a talkative old lady. Well I didn't - I got stuck next to a talkative old man! Normally I'm so tired when I go on the bus and I can't be bothered talking to people; I just listen to my discman or sleep or watch the movie if it's decent. But before I could put on my earphones, the old man started talking to me and he was such a nice chap really, I decided I would make an effort despite the fact I was insanely tired. He talked about how he was in World War 2 and that he'd played tennis in Japan and was going to have a holiday at the Kalgan River near Albany with his daughter and her family. Perhaps he was just lonely and he seemed delighted to talk. I don't have any grandpas but he seemed like a nice grandfatherly type fellow.

I was meant to go on a yacht around the harbour last night with my mum and some people from her work but I was so tired I decided not to go and all I did was sleep. Today I caught up with Rachel (we've known each other since kindergarten) and we went out for lunch, then I saw her place. This evening we went to the annual Albany Christmas pageant. Now I'm veging at home, watching Rachel's DVD of Little Britain and blogging. Yes I'm at home on a Saturday night and the olds are out having dinner with friends - sad I know, but I'm catching up on rest :)

P.S. My conversation with my friend on Wednesday night was all good (big enthusiastic two thumbs up)! We talked for well over an hour and man was I tired the next day.

No comments: