Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Year of Failing Technology

As 2006 draws to a close, I've decided to review the big things that happened to me this year. Ok, maybe this is not major but have you ever had all of your technical devices die or just need upgrading in ONE YEAR?!? This year it felt like all of my technical stuff has been replaced and not cos I wanted the latest gadgets. The list includes:

* TV
* DVD/VCR player
* Computer
* Camera
* Washing machine (the house I rent is furnished so the owner replaced this luckily!)
* Fan

I think that was it. So it's been a pretty expensive year. It's like they all plotted together that this is the year they would cark it. Maybe I don't really need all of this stuff....in fact I'm sure I don't.....but I do appreciate it's usefulness when it all works.

Rule number 1 - never rely on technology.

Here's to a less expensive 2007 as far as technology is concerned.

No comments: