Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Prayer Request

Well, now my technical problems are over, I want to bother you all with problems of a different kind.

If you are reading this, can you please start praying...right now...thanks. If you're thinking this is a totally bizarre request and have no idea what to pray for, keep in mind that God knows EXACTLY what I need you to pray for right now... and pray anyway.

Now I'm going to stop being so cryptic and give you a bit of a clue of why I need your prayers. First of all, I'm not in trouble or depressed...so don't worry. A friend of mine just texted me and asked to call me tonight. It sounds important and I have a feeling that I know what I'm going to be asked. It's an important decision and one that cannot be taken lightly. I want to do God's will in this situation and make the right decision. I've been praying to God about it but I can't hear his answer. I was whispering "God please show me what I should do". I kind of have peace within about this but I want to make sure I have God's peace about it. And to make it clear, I'm not disobeying God's word either way, it's more of a wisdom issue. By the way, my friend is not in trouble either (at least not that I know of).

So please pray that I make a good decision about this. Of course, my suspicions about why my friend is calling could be totally wrong and therefore, all's good.

Cheers mateys :)

3 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

I've prayed. :)

Just keep in mind that sometimes God doesn't give us a direct answer. Sometimes he expects us to use the wisdom he's given us to decide for ourselves. If neither choice is morally wrong, it's often our call.

There are many areas where I need to direct my kids to take a specific action. At other times, if it's not a critical decision, or if they already know my mind on the subject, I leave the choice to them. It's part of helping them to mature.

I believe that's the way God deals with us.

Sarah said...

Thanks Rodney, I appreciate that. I think I already know what I want to do, I just wanted to make sure my motives are right.

Congrats on your wedding anniversary :)

bek said...

i think i know whats going on! dont worry - im praying with a goofy smile on my face!